General Nonprofit Internship
Internship Overview: The General Nonprofit Internship at AJHoF provides a versatile opportunity for individuals to gain hands-on experience across various aspects of nonprofit management, including administration, fundraising, community engagement, and event coordination.
- Administrative Support: Assist with day-to-day office tasks, including data entry, filing, and correspondence.
- Fundraising and Grant Research: Assist in researching potential funding opportunities, drafting grant applications, and supporting fundraising initiatives.
- Donor Engagement: Help maintain donor databases, assist with donor communication, and contribute to donor appreciation efforts.
- Community Outreach: Represent AJHoF at community events, fairs, and meetings to promote our mission and programs.
- Event Coordination: Collaborate with the events team to plan, execute, and evaluate special events, concerts, and fundraisers.
- Marketing Support: Assist in marketing and social media efforts, including content creation, analytics, and audience engagement.
- Membership Engagement: Support membership programs by assisting with recruitment, retention, and benefits fulfillment.
What You’ll Learn:
- Gain a holistic understanding of nonprofit operations and management.
- Develop versatile skills in administration, fundraising, and event coordination.
- Cultivate strong communication and community outreach abilities.
- Learn about donor engagement and stewardship in a nonprofit context.
- Collaborate with a dedicated team in a vibrant cultural institution.
- Contribute to the preservation of Alabama’s jazz heritage and community engagement.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a relevant degree program (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Communications).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Passion for nonprofit work and a commitment to the AJHoF’s mission.
- Valuable hands-on experience in various facets of nonprofit management.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate team in a vibrant cultural institution.
- Networking opportunities within the Birmingham arts and nonprofit communities.
- Potential for academic credit (if applicable) and a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
Application Process: Please submit the application form located on the main internship page detailing your interest in the General Nonprofit Internship at AJHoF. Once your application has been submitted, someone from our team will contact you in regard to the next steps if we see fit.
Join us in supporting the preservation of jazz heritage in Alabama and the growth of our nonprofit organization. This internship offers a well-rounded experience in the nonprofit sector and the chance to make a meaningful impact on our mission.