Marketing & Special Events Internship
Internship Overview: The Marketing & Special Events Internship at AJHoF provides an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to gain hands-on experience in marketing, event planning, and nonprofit management. All internships are by quarter unless specified. This internship is designed to offer a well-rounded experience in the arts and nonprofit sectors.
- Social Media Management: Assist in developing and executing social media content and marketing campaigns to promote upcoming events, exhibits, and educational programs. Learn how to use social media analytics tools to track engagement and make data-driven decisions.
- Content Creation: Create compelling blog posts, articles, and promotional materials to engage our audience and share the stories of jazz legends from Alabama.
- Event Planning: Collaborate with our events team to plan and execute special events, concerts, and fundraisers. Learn event logistics, budgeting, and marketing strategies.
- Community Outreach: Assist in building relationships with local schools, community organizations, and businesses to expand AJHoF’s reach and participation in educational programs and events.
- Graphic Design: Gain experience in designing promotional materials, flyers, and digital content using graphic design software.
- Website Management: Assist in updating and maintaining the organization’s website, ensuring that it reflects current events and exhibits.
- Data Analysis: Help collect and analyze data related to marketing efforts and event attendance to assess the impact of our initiatives.
- Membership Engagement: Assist in developing and implementing strategies to engage and grow our membership base.
What You’ll Learn:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of marketing and event planning within a nonprofit setting.
- Gain practical experience in content creation, social media marketing, and graphic design.
- Learn about the operations of a cultural institution and nonprofit management.
- Cultivate networking and communication skills through community outreach.
- Acquire valuable data analysis skills to assess the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Gain insights into the rich history and contributions of Alabama jazz musicians.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a relevant degree program (e.g., Marketing, Communications, Event Management, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creativity and a passion for jazz music and the arts.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and basic graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) is a plus but not required.
- Valuable hands-on experience in marketing, event planning, and nonprofit management.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate team in a vibrant cultural institution.
- Networking opportunities within the Birmingham arts and nonprofit communities.
- Potential for academic credit (if applicable) and a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
Application Process: To apply for the Marketing & Special Events Internship at AJHoF, please fill out the application form found on our main internship page. After you’ve submitted your application, a member of our team will get in touch with you if we believe you’re a suitable candidate, to discuss the next steps.
Join us in preserving the legacy of jazz in Alabama while gaining invaluable skills and experience in the world of marketing and special events!