Recruitment Internship (Volunteer Specialist)
Internship Overview: The Recruitment Internship at AJHoF offers an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in volunteer and intern recruitment, management, and nonprofit coordination. This internship is perfect for individuals who are passionate about fostering community engagement and contributing to the arts.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Develop and implement strategies to attract, recruit, and onboard volunteers who are enthusiastic about supporting the AJHoF’s mission.
- Intern Recruitment: Assist in the recruitment process for interns, including posting internship opportunities, conducting interviews, and assisting with onboarding.
- Training and Orientation: Coordinate and conduct volunteer and intern orientations, ensuring that new team members are informed about their roles and responsibilities.
- Scheduling and Communication: Manage volunteer and intern schedules, ensuring adequate coverage for events and daily operations. Maintain regular communication to keep volunteers and interns informed and engaged.
- Recognition and Retention: Develop recognition programs and strategies to appreciate and retain volunteers and interns, fostering a positive and fulfilling experience.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of volunteer and intern hours, ensuring compliance with AJHoF’s policies and procedures.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other departments to identify volunteer and intern needs and facilitate their support in various projects and initiatives.
- Community Outreach: Represent AJHoF at community events and fairs to promote volunteer and intern opportunities.
What You’ll Learn:
- Develop comprehensive skills in volunteer and intern recruitment and management.
- Gain experience in coordinating volunteer and intern training and orientation programs.
- Cultivate excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Learn about the operations of a cultural institution and nonprofit management.
- Collaborate with a dedicated team in a vibrant cultural setting.
- Contribute to the enrichment of Alabama’s jazz heritage and community engagement.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a relevant degree program (e.g., Human Resources, Nonprofit Management, Communications, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- A passion for community engagement and volunteerism.
- Valuable hands-on experience in volunteer and intern recruitment and management.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and passionate team in a vibrant cultural institution.
- Networking opportunities within the Birmingham arts and nonprofit communities.
- Potential for academic credit (if applicable) and a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
Application Process: To apply for the Recruitment Internship at AJHoF, please fill out the application form found on our main internship page. After you’ve submitted your application, a member of our team will get in touch with you if we believe you’re a suitable candidate, to discuss the next steps.
Join us in fostering community engagement and supporting the preservation of jazz heritage in Alabama through volunteer and intern coordination.